Hurricane Harvey Relief
Hurricane Harvey has left its mark on Texas. Now the relief effort begins. We want to be good stewards of teh resources God has given us, and use them to provide help and support to the survivors of Hurricane Harvey. We wanted to give everyone clear, easy steps to get invovlved. After meeting with several local pastors, and the leadership of the Austin Disaster Relief Network, we feel that partnering with the ADRN is the best way for us to help. Below are the ways that you can get involved.
- Pray that Harvey continues to move away from southeast Texas, and that the rain would stop.
- Pray for the health and safety of those who have been displaced, as well as for the rescue workers
- Pray that people will experience the good news of the gospel through the relief efforts of God's people
- You can give directly to ADRN at adrn.org/give
- Or you can give to the church with Harvey written in the memo line
All of the money raised by ADRN for Hurricane Harvey Relief will go directly to survivors. They will be providing gift cards to families to help with food and necessities. The goal is to have families in Austin sponsor survivors and walk with them until they are back on their feet. They will use the funds to meet larger needs of survivors as they develop. Additionally, you can donate material goods. You can deliver them directly to ADRN, or we will collect them at the church and deliver them for you.
You can donate:
- New undergarments (All sizes, kids and adults)
- New socks (All sizes, kids and adults)
- Toiletries-shampoo, facewash , soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes New bed pillows
- New blankets
- Clean up supplies
- Black trash bags
- Mops and buckets
- Utility knives
- Leather work gloves
- Inflatable mattresses
- Hand sanitizer
- Box fans
- Baby bottles, formula and diapers
If you are interested in volunterring with the ADRN, here are the upcoming times for training.
- August 31, ADRN Headquarters - 6:30-9:30 pm
- September 12, Pflugerville Community Church - 6:30-9:30 pm
- September 19, Point Community Church - 6:30-9:30 pm
Disaster Relief Shepherd Taining
- September 20, ADRN Headquarters - 6:30-10:00 pm
For more information on how you can help, go to ADRN.org